Our 4 Most Popular Breast Pumps
When mamas are ready to start thinking breast pumps, it can often be overwhelming to dive into all the categories. There's a lot to know about breast pumps to be able to choose the best one for you. We delve into some of the more technical aspects in other blog posts.
Click here to read about open vs. closed systems.
Today we want to talk about our four most popular breast pumps and what makes them so popular.
The Spectra S1 Plus is our #1 most popular breast pump for a variety of reasons, including:
- Electric breast pump
- Portable and rechargeable
- Quiet and discreet
- Weighs only 3 lbs
- "Massage mode” which simulates the natural suckling of baby
- Single or double pump capability
- Vacuum suction goes up to L12
- Built in night-light and an LCD screen
Additionally, Spectra Baby spent years developing features for the S1 Plus like “backflow protection” to keep your breast milk from harmful bacteria. It also includes "adjustable suction levels” that provides a more natural flow of milk.
Medela Pump in Style (Maxflow)
The Medela Pump In Style® is a mama favorite. It is easy to use breast pump and has a closed system. It offers a hospital performance and it is clinically proven to increase milk volume by 11.8%. Some of its other benefits include:
- Few parts to clean and assemble
- Speed and vacuum settings are pre-programmed
- PersonalFit Plus™ breast shields with oval shape for more comfort and a better fit
- 2-Phase Expression® technology mimics baby’s natural sucking rhythm
- Double electric breast pump designed for moms who pump several times a day
- All parts that touch breast milk are made without BPA
- Includes a battery pack for convenient pumping away from the power outlet
Mamas also love the Lansinoh Smartpump 2.0 Double Electric Breast Pump which is lightweight and has an ergonomic carrying handle.
Additionally, it connects to the Lansinoh Baby 2.0 app via Bluetooth® to track pumping sessions.
Some other benefits include:
- Ultra quiet motor
- Soft and flexible flanges
- 8 adjustable hospital strength suction levels
- 2 mode technology for let down and expression modes with automatic switching
- 3 pumping styles to choose from to help mimic your baby’s natural feeding pattern
- Backlit LCD screen, lightweight body, and carrying handle
- Hygienic, closed system
- Dishwasher safe parts
- Includes AC Adapter or can be used with 6 AA batteries or pump car adapter for on the go pumping (batteries not included and pump car adapter sold separately)
Ameda Mya Joy
Last but definitely not least is the Ameda Mya Joy pump. The Ameda Mya Joy is a hospital strength portable breast pump. It is small, super lightweight, ultra-quiet, and can be operated by a power source, or Double A batteries.
Some key features include:
- Closed system
- Weights .5lbs and fits in the palm of your hand
- Ultra quiet
- Double or single electric pumping options
- Up to 250mmHg suction strength
- 2 (AA) battery power source – two hours at full power on just one charge
- 2-phase adjustable suction modes: 10 levels of expression mode, 5 levels of massage/stimulation mode
- Memory function automatically remembers the last settings
- Timer display easily tracks pumping time
- Smart auto power off automatically powers down after 30 minutes
- Adaptable for single or double pumping
- Long, reliable performance backed by a 2-year warranty
At Insurance Covered Breast Pumps, we know that the pumping life is mom life. And we want you to be successful!