Resources – Insurance Covered Breast Pumps
Affordable Care Act
The Affordable Care Act (ACA), was signed into law in 2010. While the ACA relates to all parts of healthcare, one of the most valuable is health insurance plans are now required to cover breastfeeding support and supplies. Depending on your plan, you may be eligible under the ACA to receive your breast pump and supplies covered at 100%. There are some insurance plans that may not fall under ACA guidelines and those are called grandfathered plans. These grandfathered plans may or may not cover breast pumps and supplies or shipping.
Breastfeeding – CDC Information
The Center’s for Disease Control is committed to increasing breastfeeding rates throughout the United States. Click Here for more information.
- 4 Things I Wish I knew About Having a Baby March 6, 2019
- Changing Expectations When Baby #2 Is Born February 6, 2019
- 6 Pumping Hacks for Working Moms January 30, 2019
- Breastfeeding 101: The Top 3 Things New Moms Need to Know January 23, 2019
- What Is Mastitis and How Can You Treat It? January 16, 2019