Affordable Care Act
The Affordable Care Act (ACA), was signed into law in 2010. While the ACA relates to all parts of healthcare, one of the most valuable is health insurance plans are now required to cover breastfeeding support and supplies.
ACA and Health Insurance
Depending on your plan, you may be eligible under the ACA to receive your breast pump and supplies covered at 100%. There are some insurance plans that may not fall under ACA guidelines and those are called grandfathered plans. These grandfathered plans may or may not cover breast pumps and supplies or shipping.
Breastfeeding – CDC Information
The Center’s for Disease Control is committed to increasing breastfeeding rates throughout the United States. Click Here for more information.
- Simple Tips to Make Breastfeeding a Little Easier June 21, 2017
- How to Know if Your Baby is Ready to Switch Breasts June 20, 2017
- When You Should Start Breast Pumping and the Importance of Cleaning Your Pump Parts June 19, 2017
- Safe Medications You Can Take While Pregnant or Breastfeeding June 14, 2017
- Common Reasons To Start Breast Pumping and Keep Your Supply Up June 12, 2017