Affordable Care Act
The Affordable Care Act (ACA), was signed into law in 2010. While the ACA relates to all parts of healthcare, one of the most valuable is health insurance plans are now required to cover breastfeeding support and supplies.
ACA and Health Insurance
Depending on your plan, you may be eligible under the ACA to receive your breast pump and supplies covered at 100%. There are some insurance plans that may not fall under ACA guidelines and those are called grandfathered plans. These grandfathered plans may or may not cover breast pumps and supplies or shipping.
Breastfeeding – CDC Information
The Center’s for Disease Control is committed to increasing breastfeeding rates throughout the United States. Click Here for more information.
- ARDO Calypso Essentials - Insurance Covered
- TOMY Quiet Expressions Breast Pump - Insurance Covered
- Medela Freestyle Hands-Free Breastpump - Insurance Covered
- Medela Pump in Style Advanced Tote - Insurance Covered
- Medela Pump In Style Advanced Starter Set - Insurance Covered
- Ameda Purely Yours Breast Pump - Insurance Covered
- Spectra S2 Hospital Strength Basic - Insurance Covered