Nutramigen® Formula with Enflora™ LGG®* – Hypoallergenic infant formula powder
Nutramigen Formula with Enflora LGG is a 20 Cal/fl oz, iron-fortified, lactose-free, hypoallergenic infant formula designed for infants who are allergic to the intact proteins in cow’s milk and soy formulas. Nutramigen with Enflora LGG has extensively hydrolyzed casein protein to help avoid an immune system response by reducing the allergen exposure, and the probiotic branded LGG to help support the strength of the intestinal barrier and support digestive health.
In cases of continued food allergies or intolerances, Nutramigen with Enflora LGG is sometimes used as a milk substitute in the diet of children beyond 12 months of age. When Nutramigen is used as a milk substitute beyond 12 months of age, the total calcium content of the diet should be assessed. Extended use of Nutramigen with Enflora LGG (or other infant formulas) as a sole source of diet is most appropriately monitored by physicians and nutritionists on a case-by-case basis.
- Hypoallergenic and suitable for someone with lactose intolerance
- Starts to manage colic in as early as the first feeding, with 90% of infants improving within 48 hours1,†,‡
- Nutritionally complete
- Result in 0% blood in stool after 4 weeks of feedings2
- Contains the probiotic LGG to help support the strength of the intestinal barrier and support digestive health
- Has DHA and ARA, important nutrients also found in breast milk, that promote brain and eye development3-10
- Nutramigen protein clinically researched in over 70 studies‡
- Helps babies consume milk protein without an allergic response, in as early as 6 months of feeding11-12
- Proven to promote skin health in infants through 18 months of age13,†
- Proven to promote gastrointestinal (GI) health within 1 week of use14,†
† Some studies were prior to the addition of DHA, ARA and LGG.
‡ When managing colic due to cow’s milk allergy. Studied before the addition of DHA, ARA and LGG.
Ingredients: Corn syrup solids (48%), vegetable oil (palm olein, coconut, soy and high oleic sunflower oils) (26%), casein hydrolysate (milk) (16%)#, modified corn starch (4%) and less than 2%:Mortierella alpina oil**, Crypthecodinium cohnii oil††, Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG‡‡, calcium citrate, calcium phosphate, potassium chloride, potassium citrate, sodium citrate, calcium hydroxide, magnesium oxide, ferrous sulfate, zinc sulfate, cupric sulfate, manganese sulfate, sodium iodide, sodium selenite, choline chloride, ascorbic acid, niacinamide, calcium pantothenate, vitamin D3, thiamin hydrochloride, riboflavin, vitamin B6 hydrochloride, folic acid, vitamin K,, biotin, vitamin B2, inositol, vitamin A palmitate, vitamin E acetate, L-cystine, L- tyrosine, L-tryptophan, taurine, L-carnitine.
# Modified to be better tolerated in milk-allergic babies.
** A source of arachidonic acid (ARA).
†† A source of docosahexaenoic acid (DMA).
‡‡ Branded as LGG, a registered trademark of Chr. Hansen A/S
Nutramigen with Enflora LGG contains milk and soy. Nutramigen with Enflora LGG is hypoallergenic. Allergic reactions to extensively hydrolyzed casein formulas are not commonly reported.
Preparation of Feedings
The baby’s health depends on carefully following the instructions below. Use only as directed by a medical professional. Proper hygiene, preparation, dilution, use and storage are important when preparing infant formula. Powdered infant formulas are not sterile and should not be fed to premature infants or infants who might have immune problems unless directed and supervised by a doctor. Discuss with parents which formula is appropriate for the baby.
Discuss with parents whether they need to use cooled, boiled water for mixing and whether they need to boil clean utensils, bottles and nipples in water before use.
WARNING: Do not use a microwave oven to warm formula. Serious burns may result.
Refer to the product label for the most accurate information.
Failure to follow these instructions could result in severe harm. Once prepared, infant formula can spoil quickly. Either feed immediately or cover and store in refrigerator at 35–40°F (2–4°C) for no longer than 24 hours. Do not use prepared formula if it is unrefrigerated for more than a total of 2 hours. Do not freeze prepared formula. After feeding begins, use formula within 1 hour or discard.
- Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water before preparing formula.
- Pour the desired amount of water into the bottle. Add powder.
- Cap bottle and SHAKE WELL.
Use the charts below for correct amounts of water and powder. Use scoop in can to measure powder. Store DRY scoop in its original can.
WARNING: Do not warm. Warming may limit benefits of LGG culture.
* LGG® is a registered trademark of Chr. Hansen A/S.
¶¶ Each scoop adds about 0.2 fl oz to the amount of prepared formula.